UVA Apprenticeship Program – Apply by April 22
- The University of Virginia Facilities Management department will soon be accepting applications for our highly regarded and award winning Apprentice Program.
- Over a four-year training period, Apprentices learn their selected trade through a combination of on-the-job training, technical education and classroom instruction. This training is fully paid for by the University of Virginia.
- We will be recruiting for several positions in the following trades this year:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and possess a GED or high school diploma by August 1, 2016. Applicants must be able to meet the physical requirements for their prospective trade.
- Online Applications for this year’s Apprentice positions will be accepted from April 1 – April 22, 2016 until 5 p.m.
- All interested individuals wanting more information can drop in during our Apprentice Job Fair on April 6, 2016 in the UVA Alumni Hall, 211 Emmet Street South in Charlottesville. We will have representatives from senior leadership, human resources, and current and former apprentices available to answer questions from 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. This is an informational session only and interviews will not be conducted this day.
- More information on the Apprentice Program is available on-line at: http://www.fm.virginia.
edu/depts/humanresources/ apprenticeship/index.html including how to apply, brochures and curriculum relating to the Apprentice Program.
- The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- If you have further questions, please contact Elsa Sherrill, Human Resources Generalist, at (434) 982-6789 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Eirine Vlavianos, Human Resources Generalist, at (434) 982-5895 or email@example.com.
APRIL COCKERHAM DREAM ACT SCHOLARSHIP
** The deadline has been officially extended to May 1, 2016. WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP THROUGH EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org **
The DREAM Act (Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors) was first introduced in 2001 to benefit foreign aliens and their children seeking new lives and new opportunities in the United States. Although the act has not been passed by Congress, and despite resistance from many legislative and judicial bodies, executive action from President Obama enacting key portions of the DREAM Act represents progress for immigrants everywhere.
There is still much to be done, however, before immigrants can enjoy the full benefits of a clear path to U.S. citizenship, and many individuals will strive tirelessly in social, political, and legal arenas in order to achieve the necessary reforms. It takes a special kind of person to advocate for justice—a person who is willing to champion equal rights at the expense of certain privileges and exclusive beliefs held by many individuals and groups in our country. Now, more than ever, the individuals who desire to make a measurable difference in the area of immigration reform must be well educated, highly motivated, and have a hands-on understanding of the issues and policies in the U.S. and around the world.
The April Cockerham DREAM Act scholarship is designed to support individuals who are interested in making a difference in the lives of immigrants and other non-native individuals living in the United States. By furthering the educational goals of these unique members of our nation, Ms. Cockerham looks to invest in a richer, more inclusive future for our country and those who seek to join it.
April Cockerham is proud to offer this $500 scholarship to students pursuing any level of post-secondary education who submit materials in accordance with the following guidelines.
- The April Cockerham DREAM Act Scholarship is open to any student enrolled in a community college, private or public undergraduate college or university, graduate program, business school, or law school in the United States.
- All candidates who apply for this scholarship must be in good academic standing and possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The scholarship candidate must submit a 700-word essay or statement that considers current immigration conditions and reforms in the United States and offers at least two concrete ways that these conditions might be improved.
- The scholarship candidate must submit a professional resumé listing past academic, professional, and volunteer experience.
- The scholarship candidate must submit a current official transcript from his or her school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred between schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current institution, as well as their most recent official transcript from a prior school.
- This cover sheet (link opens in PDF).
The winner of the April Cockerham DREAM Act Scholarship will be announced in June of 2016.
APPLICATION DEADLINE AND INSTRUCTIONS
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must submit their full application (including the essay, personal statement, and transcript) by fax or U.S. mail before May 1, 2016. Any applications faxed or postmarked later than this date will not be considered.
Scholarships may address their submissions to:
April Cockerham DREAM Act Scholarship
Attn: Firm Administrator
409 7th Street NW
Washington, DC 20004
Fax: (202) 664-1331
For questions, please email email@example.com
Universidad Abierta y a Distancia de México (UnADM)
La Sección Consular de la Embajada de México informa sobre la convocatoria de la Universidad Abierta y a Distancia de México (UnADM) para cursar estudios a nivel superior (sistema no escolarizado). Dicha modalidad brinda la oportunidad de realizar estudios a distancia de las siguientes licenciaturas:
- Administración de Empresas Turísticas
- Desarrollo Comunitario
- Gestión Territorial
- Gestión y Administración de PyME
- Mercadotecnia Internacional
- Políticas y Proyectos Sociales
- Seguridad Pública
- Ingeniería en Desarrollo de Software
- Ingeniería en Tecnología Ambiental
Se anexa la convocatoria en la que se detallan los requisitos de inscripción.
Para mayores informes consultar la página: www.unadmexico.mx o llamar a los teléfonos: 01 800 11 27 737 Lada internacional sin costo (EUA y Canadá). Conmutador (0011-52) 55-36 01 82 00 extensiones 69132, 69237, 69238, 69239, 69242, 69244, 69254 y 69277.
La Coordinación de Universidad Abierta y Educación a Distancia de la UNAM, a través de su Dirección de Bachillerato a Distancia, convoca a los mexicanos que viven en el extranjero, interesados en cursar el bachillerato (preparatoria/ high school) en la modalidad a distancia, a inscribirse a los cursos propedéuticos o de preparación. Consulta la convocatoria en:http://www.bunam.unam.mx/extranjero/docs/convocaAlumnos_17nov_14.pdf
- Offers FREE tuition to those that past a rigorous assessment based on their potential to successfully complete the program.
- The program is for individuals all over the world.
- It is designed for self-motivated learners.
There is a application fee of $50 and exam fees of $100 per exam. There are scholarship programs available for those that need assistance.