Sin Barreras is a Charlottesville-area nonprofit dedicated to helping immigrants navigate US immigration, legal, healthcare and educational systems with a focus on the Hispanic community. We do this by providing direct services, referrals, community workshops, and through advocacy with like-minded organizations.
For this part-time position, we seek a self-starter to assume leadership of community workshops on improved financial literacy, community health, mental health and improved racial equity.
- Develop drafts of workshop topics, content, time slots, and schedules for English and Spanish events, with input from team and supervisor.
- Identify and recruit suitable colleague organizations to co-sponsor, stakeholder buy-in, and other potential participants.
- Publicize the events with adequate advance notice and follow up with advertising near the actual dates.
- Work with staff, volunteers and colleagues to generate community interest and motivation on workshop topics.
- Design an adequate evaluation mechanism for reporting on program effectiveness and plan for future events.
- With staff and volunteer support, this position will lead most facets of multiple workshops.
Skills and Characteristics:
- Self-starter who is energetic, forward thinking, well organized and goal oriented.
- Strong technical and facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Understand and promote the mission, vision, and values of Sin Barreras.
- A dedication to the cause of all human rights
- Ability to work well with a team, communicating effectively to use available resources for best results.
We are a small, but growing organization working in a space with enormous need. We are looking for candidates who are dedicated to our mission and willing to grow with us. Compensation is offered, however, we believe these opportunities are best fit for candidates who are also looking to gain valuable hands-on non-profit experience at the grassroots level. Come be part of something big!