Sin Barreras is a nonprofit dedicated to helping immigrants navigate US immigration, legal, healthcare and educational systems with a focus on the Hispanic community. We do this by providing direct services, referrals, workshops, clinics and through advocacy. We need a talented, caring and resourceful individual to join the team and help us accomplish our many goals. The primary goal of the position is to help the organization and its services to become sustainable. This is a part-time position that will include community outreach and public relations with an opportunity for growth based on the candidate’s abilities, motivation and passion.
- Plan and lead organization fundraising efforts
- Identify and build relationships with new and current donors, both organizational and individual
- Active participation in outreach activities
- Implement and improve use of current and new technology for fundraising
- Create fundraising message to promote organization and its mission
- Have an open line of communication with board to measure and report progress, and collaborate on plan of action
- Contributing to the planning, organization, publicity and coordination efforts for events
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in managing and creating donor relationships and fundraising campaigns
- Strong written, verbal and public communication skills
- Organized self-starter able to learn quickly, set priorities, and work independently
- Strong technical skills with focus on collaboration and development of donor engagement tools
- Ability to work in a changing environment with an evolving organization and create structure
- A dedication to the cause of all human rights
We are a small, but growing organization working in a space with enormous need. We are looking for candidates who are dedicated to our mission and willing to grow with us. Compensation is offered, however, we believe these opportunities are best fit for candidates who are also looking to gain valuable hands-on non-profit experience at the grassroots level. Come be part of something big!